Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Definitive Turkey Leg

If there was ever a debate about where to get the most delicious, juicy and, dare I say, legendary turkey leg ever... the debate is now over. The best turkey leg (besides what your mama makes) is definitely at the Happiest Place on Earth. For those of you who don't know where that is, that's Disneyland.

The various local fairs have got nothing on this tasty beast of succulently epic proportions. This bad boy is so juicy that our buddy Stefan's UNDERSHIRT (as in, through his dress shirt, onto his undershirt) was soaked by the turkey grease. I am needing to dry clean my Docker's jacket because the juice dripped down my arm all the way to my elbow despite it's wrapping. But this is not the only reason why it's the best, please read on.

Turkey is dry, you know it, I know it. Greasy as it can be, once you get past the skin, it's usually a rather tough meat to swallow without dousing it was some liquid. This holds true in turkey legs at the fairs. NOT at Disneyland. It is juicy skin to bone. And, the taste/seasoning, is amazing but simple - let the meat do the talking.

Some cons that are turkey leg related (and not related to Disneyland) is that turkey leg bones are a pain to eat. Also, turkey skin is quite resiliet and is not as easy to remove or chew as chicken skin.

I shall end this post with this statement:

"I will never again eat a Disneyland Turkey Leg or DTL while standing up ever again. I must be sitting with plenty of napkins around because it is so deliciously juicy that it is nigh impossible to devour without the assistance of a wetnap. Despite these challenges, it is the BEST Turkey Leg I've ever had."

The proof is in the picture...

~ 平安 \/. ^_^

1 comment:

  1. agreed!!! but hey, we killed two birds with one stone for standing up.

    ReplyDelete